Discover - Investigate - Learn
T: Telephone02 4955 8673
Students will investigate the inquiry question: How do introduced species affect the Australian environment and ecosystems in this wetland ecosystem?
· Introduction and background to the introduced species being studied
· Abotic factors – comparison to acceptable ranges (water depth, air temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction, water temperature, pH, turbidity)
· Biotic factors – dip netting at two locations to determine biodiversity and the impact of introduced species
· Investigation walk to examine introduced species on site, control or mitigation methods and human impacts that favour the introduced species
· Further examination of introduced species on site and management
· Conclusion to the day and discussion of validity, reliability, impact of one species on another.
This program may be used as part of a depth study.
For further information on curriculum links, program and excursion information open the program overview or contact us.
412 Sandgate Road
02 4955 8673
We would like to pay our respects and acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land and also pay respect to Elders both past and present.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to http://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.